DO I NEED TO BOOK?
- No Bookings Necessary (*Except for Special Group Events*)
- 1st Timers, just come 15 mins before class to allow for traffic, parking, registration and orientation. 15 mins before for 6am class in the morning.
- Download Registration Form from our website to complete and bring along with you the completed form to the studio on your First day attending Class!
TIPS – 1st TIMERS
- Come to Class already hydrated (2-3 litres 24 hours before your class)
- Come to Class on an empty stomach (Avoid eating at least 2 hours before class)
- Pace yourself in class, sip water lightly in class if you need and always breathe through your nose in class (except for breathing exercises).
- You may feel dizzy or nauseous in class which is normal as this means the postures are working and you need to continue to pace yourself, drink even more water as preparation before your next class
WHAT IF I AM NOT FLEXIBLE
- No Worries, you will learn to become more flexible and will observe and notice changes quickly. Yoga is not only about flexibility but also about developing strength throughout your weak points and spine. Just give it a go on the mat, try for consistency and develop a routine. Change your body – Change your mind.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Nothing overly loose, big or bulky as it will get in the way (Avoid track suit or long pants as it will become hot and uncomfortable when sweating)
- Ladies – cropped top or singlet top, shorts or yoga pants
- Men – short sleeve top or singlet top, shorts (wear underwear if your shorts are loose fitting)
- All – NO shoes or socks once you enter premises (bare feet environment)
- Towels – $3
- Yoga Mats – $3
- Yoga Mats
- Yoga Wear
- Water & Coconut Water
- Electrolytes and Mineral Supplements
- Yoga Accessories
WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES
- Check out “Yoga Etiquette” & “Policies” under “Timetable & Prices”
- Check out our Terms & Conditions under “Prices”
- Check out our Suspension policies in relation to certain passes under “Policies”
- Check out our Studio policy on “Planning a Pregnancy or Pregnant” at the end of this page and also under “Policies”
- Check out our Studio policy on “What if I am under 18” in section after “Why the Heat”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
- Improves your breathing capacity
- Improves sleep patterns
- Builds strength, flexibility, concentration, focus, balance and endurance physically and mentally
- Improvement in posture, alignment and spinal health
- Vibrancy in skin tone
- Reduces the impact of stress in your daily lives
- Weight loss, bone strengthening and muscle toning
- Works through the systems of the body: cardiovascular, circulatory, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, respiratory, immune, digestive, reproductive, muscular, skeletal.
- Integration of left and right hemisphere of the brain.
- Works every gland, organ, muscle, tendon, ligament in the body.
- Assists with depression, bipolar and other associated disorders
WHY THE HEAT
- Muscles, fascia, connective tissue all become more elastic, which allows for greater flexibility, increased range of movement and reduced risk of injury.
- Sweating is promoted which allows for detoxification.
- Capillaries dilate in the heat and this improves oxygenation of the blood, muscle tissue and glands.
- Blood becomes thinner and runs through the circulatory system cleansing and clearing toxins and metabolic wastes from the body due to elevated heart rate and cardiovascular system getting a workout
- Your body burns more fat and it can be re-distributed and burned as energy during your yoga practice.
- Endurance building whilst challenging will-power, patience, focus and concentration
PLANNING A PREGNANCY or PREGNANT
- If you are planning a pregnancy, please follow your Medical Doctor’s advice and speak to your Studio Director, Hannah personally before continuing with your Hot Yoga practice.
- If you are planning a pregnancy and going through assisted fertility (including IVF), please follow your Medical Doctor’s advice and speak to your Studio Director, Hannah personally before continuing with your Hot Yoga practice.
- If you are a regular Hot Yoga practitioner (at least 3x per week) for more than 6 months and your pregnancy has no complications to date, you may continue your practice following the Rajashree’s pregnancy yoga series for the Hot Yoga Room after your 1st Trimester (must be following your 1st Trimester Scan, your medical Doctor’s advice and the start of your 14th week). Special approval must be obtained from your studio director, Hannah personally for record keeping purposes and to ensure you are prepared for this new practice in the yoga room.
- If you are pregnant and new to Hot Yoga, it is better to avoid any NEW form of exercise which includes this practice of yoga in the heated room as your body would not be acclimatised to the heat and hydration levels may become an issue.
- Important to read http://www.bikramyoga.com/Rajashree/rajashree_preg_yoga.php